The Paris-Est station, initially called Strasbourg station was built from 1847.
It is one of the six terminal stations of the SNCF network in Paris. Close to the Gare du Nord, it is located in the tenth arrondissement. With 34 million passengers per year it is the fifth station in Paris, despite the weakening of its traffic since the RER, activity is expected to grow from year to year with the development of TVG East, commissioned in 2007, with a facade surplus 22% .Its closes the perspective of the north-south drilled by Baron Haussmann consists mainly of the Boulevard de Strasbourg. Avenue de Verdun, near the station, began in 1929, during the expansion of the East Railway Station.